Sunday, November 26, 2017

PANZERBALLETT - X-MAS DEATH JAZZ

To be honest, I'm quite fond of christmas music mutations. Take Vince Guaraldi's jazz approach in "A Charlie Brown Christmas", or the Steve Vai compiled "Merry Axemas" albums where various guitar players do classic christmas tunes.
And now there's "X-Mas Death Jazz" where a fine selections of Christmas songs get the Panzerballett treatment. Arranged by (guitarist and composer) Jan Zehrfeld and performed by Jan Zehrfeld, Sebastian Lanser, Heiko Jung, Alexander von Hagke and Joe Doblhofer.
I love it.

Special guests include two of my musical heroes : Mattias 'IA' Eklundh who adds vocals and a number of fine guitar solos, and Mike Keneally who does some great vocals on 'Let It Snow'.

Brilliant !!

I loved the idea of a "X-Mas Death Jazz" album when I first heard about it, and I love the final result even more.

http://www.panzerballett.de/




No comments:

Post a Comment