Saturday, August 26, 2017

HARD RUBBER ORCHESTRA - CRUEL YET FAIR

France has LeBocal; The Netherlands have Tetzepi, the U.S. of A. have the Ed Palermo Big Band and Belgium has Flat Earth Society.
All of these big bands (or slight mutations thereof) have one thing in common : their eclectic and modern jazz approach. It should come as no surprise that most of these ensembles are appreciated by those music aficionados who also listen to the music of Frank Zappa and / or Sun Ra. And, yes, I'm one of those...

So when I read about the Hard Rubber Orchestra (and saw one of the YouTube videos), I just knew that I had to check them out.
I'm glad I did. This is great stuff.
The Hard Rubber Orchestra, under the direction of John Korsrud.
The band is from Vancouver, Canada, and they have 3 albums out to date. "Cruel Yet Fair" was their debut album, released in 1997.

As I said. Great stuff.
Highly recommended (and still available on CD !)


No comments:

Post a Comment