Monday, January 5, 2015

A MESSAGE FROM ED PALERMO



Folks, the third week of January 2015 is going to be insane.

First and foremost, the Ed Palermo Big Band comes to WORLD CAFE LIVE in Philadelphia-Thursday, January 15 http://tickets.worldcafelive.com/downstairs

I’m working feverishly on this show as I type these words. Philly is my old stomping ground, having seen MANY of the bands that I pay tribute to to this day.
Of course, ZAPPA will be the focus on January 15 at WORLD CAFE LIVE.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 17-Napoelon Murphy Brock makes his return to NYC’s Iridium night club. My big band will be sizzling hot just 2 days after our Philadelphia gig. The match-up of my band and Napoleon is like no other!
http://theiridium.com

Again, the focus will be Zappa with some Todd Rundgren thrown in.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 18-IRIDIUM-The Ed Palermo Big Band featuring Rob Paparozzi debuts their new cd release, ELECTRIC BUTTER- the music of PAUL BUTTERFIELD AND MIKE BLOOMFIELD.

This is our official CD release party!

Finally, there’s the FALCON on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7. Just a week and a half ago, we played our annual Christmas show there. I hope that all of you get to watch the video of that show. It was one of our best. I believe the zappateer website may have it.

The Feb 7 Falcon show will be a “theme show”, but it’s going to be a surprise.

So, there you have it. Sorry for the long email but at least now you won’t hear from me until March:)

Thx so much to all of you who bought my OH NO, NOT JAZZ t shirts and ELECTRIC BUTTER cds! I have plenty left of both (along with my 4 Zappa tribute cds) so let me know if you’re interested.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everybody!!

ed


No comments:

Post a Comment