Sunday, August 18, 2013

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART AND HIS MAGIC BAND - IN PERFORMANCE DVD



I recently acquired the "Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band: In Performance" DVD.
The last couple of years, a number of Beefheart DVD's have surfaced. This "In Performance" DVD is one of them.
The package does not offer any info besides the tracklist, but the majority of the material is from a live performance of the 1974 band. It's not too bad, sound and image-wise, it's just that there are a number of annoying gaps of silence (with a message that says something like: "problems with the master recording"...).

* electricity
* sure nuff yes i do
* i'm gonna booglarize you
* mirror man
* upon the my-o-my
* full moon
* crazy little thing
* improvisation
* peaches
* take me to your house
* you're gonna need somebody
* upon the my-o-my
* this is the day
* mirror man
* click clack


No comments:

Post a Comment