Saturday, March 2, 2013

THE RUDY SCHWARTZ PROJECT - BOWLING FOR APPLIANCES



In 1990, the German Musical Tragedies record label released "Bowling For Appliances", a vinyl album by The Rudy Schwartz Project. This was my introduction to the music of Joe Newman, also known as The Rudy Schwartz Project.
A couple of years after that, Musical Tragedies released two more albums by the RSP. This time on CD. About that time, I had also acquired some of the earlier, cassette material. It all blew me away. This was great stuff. It was suprising. It was funny, Zappa-esque, and it reminded me of The Residents. I loved it.

I don't exactly recall when Joe Newman told me that he was about the quit making music and that he was moving to Canada. It must have been about ten years ago.
Anyway, things have changed as Joe is living in Canada, but he is making music again. Both his older and his newer material is available at DC-Jam Records.
The fantastic "Bowling For Appliances" album got re-released a little while ago already. So if you've never heard it, here's your chance to pick it up.
This re-release has two additional tracks.

Welcome back Joe, and welcome back Waldo (his puppet reindeer friend) !!

http://www.dcjamrecords.com/home.cfm



No comments:

Post a Comment