Tuesday, May 29, 2012

EUGENE CHADBOURNE - ZUPA DUPA KUPA

Recorded in the U.S.A. with a bunch of fellow musicians and released (on vinyl !) on the Polish MonotypeRec label, "Zupa Dupa Kupa" brings new material by Eugene Chadbourne.
You get Eugene Chadbourne in a familiar setting: fingerpicking on an acoustic guitar, and singing his folky, bluesy songs about the things he (dis)likes.
And quite good it is, "Zupa Dupa Kupa".

I still don't have a clue to what the album title refers to, but I like what I hear.
It may sound pretty straight-forward to those who are familiar with Doctor Chadbourne's output, but it's also a good starting point for those who have never heard the man.

1 comment:

  1. The title is Polish slang for "Things are good!"

    Literally, I believe the three words translate to Soup, Dope, Pussy. The slang reference, as Dr. Chad explained it to me, is if you have all three, all is well...

    ReplyDelete