Wednesday, November 25, 2009

KIMONO DRAGGIN' - SPACE ORPHANS


The year was 2007, and Kimono Draggin' kicked ass at the Zappanale Festival in Bad Doberan, Germany. Joe Nolan, Joshua Hatton and Chris Swirski showed us what an energetic gig is all about.

We're 2009 now and the Tremendous Trio is all ready to take another go at the old continent.
"Space Orphans" shows that the band has evolved quite a lot the last couple of years. The power and the Beefheart approach are still there, but it's all more balanced.
I really like this.
I played "Space Orphans", and for one reason or another, it made me go search for Pere Ubu's "Dub Housing" album. So I played "Dub Housing", and now I'm back to "Space Orphans".

If you're into experimental, avant-garde rock music, Kimono Draggin's "Space Orphins" will be right up your alley.
Highly recommended !
(Did I tell you that they're on my Zappanale wish-list ?)

www.kimonodraggin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment